Sunday, September 21, 2008

Turtle Research & Rehabilitation Group

Hey Friends , I am back from the 1 week Turtle Research and Rehabilitation Group (formerly known as SEATRU programme) at Chagar Hutang, Terrengganu. In addition to it , my Slot's name is SLOT X which is from 6th September 2008 to 13th September 2008.

I am sure many of you may be wondering what are my duties during the 1 week programme. When I was excited and told people about my 'Save the Turtle Programme" some graded me as crazy, strange or wow. Here, I wish to share my experiences throughout the stay.

I will be dividing my post into 4 Parts as follows:

Part 1 : My Arrival and Chagar Hutang

Part 2 : Turtle Rehabilitation Process

Part 3 : Other Activities

Part 4 : Other Random Shots

PART 1 - My Arrival and Chagar Hutang 2008

Photobucket
New Fireflyz Plane @ Subang

We took our very first time Fireflyz airline from Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang to Kuala Terrengganu. It's kinda cool to take the Fokker plane as it is adventurous yet exciting. Although it's abit noisy at first but it's a great experience to take the small fokker plane.

I will definitely take Fireflyz again for my next trip. The flight services, plane condition and on time schedule were real good. Don't listen to peoples' comment that this humble fokker flight may collapse! Do you know that you actually save some money by departing from Subang Terminal 3 Airport rather than taking a so called cheap Air Asia flight from LCCT if you are residing in PJ? Useful information, my friends.

Photobucket
Kuala Merang Jetty

Upon reaching Sultan Mahmud Airport, Kuala Terrengganu, we took a Taxi which cost us only RM15.00 per cab to University Malaysia Terrengganu's Turtle House. Then, Kak Lea, our Sweet and Tedious Research Assistant (RA) gives us a detailed briefing on Turtles and the Rehabilitation Process. After the briefing, Pak Cik Uda drove us to pick up our 1 week food supply and thereby heading to the beautiful Merang Jetty.

Photobucket
The Beautiful Blue Tone Beach
Photobucket
Burning Hot Sun and Shadowz

We were really fascinated with the blue and white tones of this beautiful private beach. Our temptation made us feverish and we started taking pictures at the beach under the perfect sun temperature. Oouch.... the heat were actually burning hot yet we cam-whored, then jumped into the sea. The sandy beaches with varieties of sea corals decorated the island.

Photobucket
The Chagar Hutang Hut

Photobucket
Our Bed, Though it looks Uncomfortable But It's Truly
Comfy

This place is only 3 years old. Previously, volunteers overnighted at by the beach and the toilet were the village-dig-hole-system. You poo, it went into the sea. LOL.

We were luckier this time to have a wooden plank house, equipped with kitchen facilities, comfortable fold-up beds and of course a modernised-city-toilet with environmental bath foams. Morever, the place is clean with solar system for multi purpose charging and and of course Back to Nature Environment!

Photobucket
The Equipped Kitchen Utensils. Hungry chef at beach seriously preparing the 3 minutes noodles

Photobucket
The Turtle Gallery and our Dining table
Photobucket
This is ALBERT, one of the many handsome turtles which I admired.


Therefore, Stay tune for more upcoming post~!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe sooooooooo cuteeeeeeee~~~ u and albert :P